There are 2 main ways to get entry visa for tourists when they want to travel to Vietnam. They are E-visa and visa on arrival. Please refer to this link for further information about E-visa: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt
How to get visa on arrival?
Step 1: Submit your visa application form to receive your visa approval letter. The Vietnamese Embassy does not issue these approval letters directly, but you can apply for them from a travel agency/visa service online.
Step 2: Get visa approval letter via email (attached with entry and exit form)
• Print out the letter and the entry and exit form
• Fill out the entry and exit form
• Prepare 2 passport sized photos 4x6 cm and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($25 for 1 month or 3 months single entry visa; $50 for 1 month or 3 months multiple entries, $95 for 6 months multiple entries and $135 for 1 year multiple entries Visa)
• Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports. Remember to bring all visa documents with you till you get your passport stamped a visa at Vietnam’s airport.
Step 3: Get your visa stapmed upon arrival.
When your arrive in 1 of 4 internation airports in Vietnam (Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh or Saigon City, Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang City, Da Nang Airport in Da Nang City or Noi Bai Airport in Ha Noi Capital of Vietnam), you will go directly to "Vietnam Landing Visa Office" before enter the passport check and stamp. At this place, you will show your passport, photos, form of any and exit, stamp fee to Vietnam Immigration staff. And they will issue you the true Visa sticker into your passport. After that come to the Passport check and get the stamp.
* Normal: For those who would like to get Vietnam visa within 5 working days.
* Urgent: For those who would like to get Vietnam visa within 24 hours.
* Emergency: For those who would like to get Vietnam visa within 12 hours